50 TV Shows I Loved As a Kid

I don't know about you guys but I loved watching TV as a kid. Back in the 90's/ early 00's we didn't have speedy fast br...

50 TV Shows I Loved As a Kid CBBC 90's 2000's kids TV Tweenies

I don't know about you guys but I loved watching TV as a kid. Back in the 90's/ early 00's we didn't have speedy fast broadband and smartphones. When you came home from school the first thing you did was watch TV. At the weekend you used to wake up super early and watch all the Saturday TV shows, most of which were repeats of episodes you've seen a million times before. 

It only struck me when I was doing research (yes watching countless YouTube videos of kids TV theme tunes counts as research) for this post, how limited the shows were back in the day. If you type into Google ' CBeebies shows from 2000' there is literally only half a dozen and that's how I remembered it. Not like the continuous showings like there is today.

I seriously think some of the best TV shows were from the 90's and early naughties. I was originally going to pick only 10 shows but after some, extensive research (playing beat the intro with my parents) I managed to compile a list of 50 shows I loved as a kid. These range from things I loved as a toddler all the way up till I was about 9 or 10 years old! Enjoy! 

1. Mona the vampire
2. The Tweenies (hence the photo of me as a kid with my wicked Tweenies jumper)
3. Charlie and Lola
4. The Fimbles 

50 TV Shows I Loved As a Kid Fimbles CBeebies kids TV lists Buzzfeed

5. The Shiny Show
6. Postman pat
7. Watch my chops
8. Fireman Sam
9. Come outside
10. Balamory (It's still on my bucket list to visit this place in real life)

50 TV Shows I Loved As a Kid Balamory CBBC TV 2008 2009 lists

11. Noddy
12. Barney
13. Thomas the tank engine
14. Telebubbies
15. Prank patrol
16. Bear behaving badly (Wasn't Nev the cutest thing ever?)
17. Bob the builder
18. Andy Pandy
19. Bill and Ben the flowerpot men
20. Tracy beaker (No joke, I think I have watched every single episode of Tracy Beaker at least five times, I was obsessed)
21. Arthur
22. 64 zoo lane (The last thing you always watched before going to bed) 

50 TV Shows I Loved As a Kid 64 zoo lane kids TV 2008 CBBC

23. Chuckle vision (to me, to you, to me, to you)
24. The cramp twins
25. The Sarah Jane adventures
26. The basil brush show
27. Dick and Dom in da bungalow
28. The slammer
29. Trapped
30. Raven
31. 50/50
32. Lazy town
33. Clutter nutters
34. Brain juitusi
35. The owl
36. Horrible histories (This amazing show that actually made me enjoy history and taught me a lot about Charles The Second)
37. Sorry I've got no head
38. Big big babies
39. Smile
40. Brum
41. Pingu
42. M.I high
43. Young Dracula
44. The bear in the big blue house
45. Dennis the menace
46. Best of friends
47. Big cook little cook (welcome to our cafe...)

Big cook little cook CBBC 50 TV Shows I Loved As a Kid kids TV shows lists

48. Smart
49. Even Stevens
50. Roar

That's a hell lot of TV shows! Making this list brought back so many happy memories. You can't beat the feeling of nostalgia.

I would love to know what you watched as a kid on the TV! Was it any of these? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading!

Nicole X

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Yes to all of these! I remember always wanting to be on Prank Patrol and Dick and Dom were my favourite TV personalities (still are tbh)!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I loved a lot of those shows too when I was younger especially The Sarah Jane Adventures.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I loved a lot of those shows too when I was younger especially The Sarah Jane Adventures.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah Jane Adventures was just the best, especially the earlier series x

      Delete
  4. Oh this post brought back so many memories! I was so obsessed with brum and Barney that I still watched them up until probably 12 YIKES! I also had a tweenies themed bedroom with each character as a huge plush tou, so it's safe to say that I was obsessed with them too! X

    Whitney xoxo
    www.whitneylorenbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I didn't grow up in the UK there are quite a lot of shows on here that I don't know but there are also some we had in Switzerland as well :) Lazy town was one of my faves x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw that's amazing! Lazy town was so funny and colorful x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.